Scott A. Gilchrist, M.D.
Dr. Scott Gilchrist is many things: a father, husband, friend, colleague and physician. But above all, he is a great listener. Dr. Gilchrist takes time to listen well and understand the needs of his patients. Central to this level of service is a drive to deliver the very best care—the kind you would want for your own family.
Born in Columbia, South Carolina and raised in Dothan, Dr. Gilchrist graduated from Dothan High School and attended the University of South Alabama where he graduated Cum Laude with a degree in Biology / English.
After graduation, he performed research for one year in the University of South Alabama College of Medicine Department of Physiology in the area of pulmonary edema and later entered Medical School at the University of South Alabama College of Medicine where he completed his residency in Obstetrics and Gynecology.
Dr. Gilchrist’s interests in OB/GYN include obstetrics, infertility, and minimally invasive surgery.
He is married to his fourth grade sweetheart, Mary Jo, and have five children; twin daughters, Allison and Whitney, daughter Lindsey, and sons Austin and Logan. In his spare time, Dr. Gilchrist enjoys photography, reading, tennis and traveling. He has been fortunate to serve with several medical mission trips to Guatemala, and more recently, China and Alaska.
More about Dr. Gilchrist:
- 2006, Founded Aventa Specialized Women’s Care (Formerly Cleveland & Gilchrist)
- 1992, Board-Certified in Obstetrics and Gynecology.
- University of South Alabama College of Medicine, Department of Physiology
- Residency, University of South Alabama College of Medicine
- Dr. Gilchrist has hospital privileges at Flowers Hospital.
- Member, Calvary Baptist Church